- New Auto Loans: A vehicle that is either the current or previous model year. No fee. Check out International Fleet Managers Assn. for a great deal. Apply on-line!
- Used Auto Loans: A vehicle that is older than the current or prior model year. No fee. Check out International Fleet Managers Assn. and Enterprise Car Sales for a great deal. Apply on-line!
- Signature Loans: Unsecured credit. Loan amounts: $500.00 - $10,000.00. Application fee: $15.00.
- Share Secured Loans: Loan secured against deposit in FBCU Membership Savings Account. Interest rate is 3.00% above the current dividend rate being earned on the share account which is securing the loan.
- Unsecured Line of Credit: Credit lines from $500.00 - $10,000.00. Application fee: $15.00.
- Floating Home Loans: Maximum loan $500,000.00. Variable with 7 year call options and term of 30 years. Down payment: 20%. Loan to value: 80% for loans up to $350,000.00. Loan amounts greater than $350,000.00 require a 75% loan to value. Applicant must pay for appraisal, escrow fees and points (if applicable). Marina must have a BCDC permit and provide a lease for the loan term. Owner occupied only. Bay Area floating homes only. Call for additional information.
- Mason-McDuffie Mortgage Corporation: Mason-McDuffie Mortgage Corporation is partnered with Financial Benefits Credit Union to provide mortgage services on real property loans, such as first-time homebuyer, move-up loans, refinance, VA loans, and FHA loans.
- Share accounts: Primary Membership Savings Account. Initial $25.00 including a one time membership fee of $5 (total of $30) to open. Minimum balance to earn dividend: $300.00.
- Secondary Share Accounts: Minimum deposit of $25.00 to open. Minimum to earn dividend: $300.00.
- Share Draft: Minimum deposit of $25.00 to open account. Minimum balance to earn dividend: $1,000.00.
- Market Daily Accounts: Minimum balance is $2,500.00.
- Christmas Clubs: Minimum deposit of $5.00 to open. Pays dividend on Nov. 15. Checks mailed directly to accountholders.
- IRAs – Traditional, Roth and Coverdell: Minimum $5.00 deposit to open. No fees.
- Share Certificates of Deposit: Deposits of $300.00, $2,500.00, or $10,000.00 required to open a CD. Terms offered are 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months and 36 months.
- IRA Certificates of Deposit: Deposits of $300.00, $2,500.00 or $10,000.00 required to open a CD. Terms offered are 12 months, 24 months, and 36 months.
See our rates and fee pages for applicable dividend rates and account fees.
- Shared Branching: Access your account by visiting another credit union that is a member of the CO-OP Shared Branching Network. Deposit, withdrawal, transfer, or make a payment. Member must have their account number and valid ID.
- CyberBranch: Access your account online. Check balances, apply for loans, review and download account history, request a check to be mailed, secure message the credit union, view electronic statements and use electronic bill pay. And it’s all free! Call the credit union find out how to enroll.
- ATM Card: ATM cards are offered to members with both checking and savings accounts. Members must pass a Chex Systems review prior to the credit union granting a card. Activate your card or change your PIN by calling (800) 567-3451.
- VISA Debit Card: VISA debit cards are offered only to members with checking accounts. Members must pass a Chex Systems review. Activate your card or change your PIN by calling (800) 567-3451.
- CALL24: Use CALL24, our automated phone systems, to check on your account. CALL24 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call (877) 433-9234.
- Wire Transfers: Members can transfer funds to and from their accounts with wire transfers. Contact the credit union for a wire transfer authorization/instruction forms. All requests should be submitted by noon for transmittal on the same business day. See Fee Schedule for applicable fees.
- ACH Loan Payments: Make your loan payment by having Financial Benefits Credit Union automatically debit your checking account (if it is at a different financial institution). No fee.
- Direct Deposit and Payroll Deduction: Have part or all of your paycheck deposited to your credit union account. It’s a great way to save and be exempt from monthly account fees.
- Money Orders: Members can purchase money orders for $1.50 item. Member must come to office to purchase.
- GAP Insurance: GAP Insurance protects your auto loan. If your car is stolen and not recovered or “totaled” in an auto accident, GAP will payoff any remaining loan balance your insurance company doesn’t cover. GAP will also give you up to an additional $1,000.00 towards the down payment of your next vehicle. Cost $210.00.
- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance: This is the credit union’s version of a dealer’s service contract for your car. The difference? We often beat the dealer’s price, because we don’t have the big dealer commission. Check out our pricing before you commit to the dealer’s policy. Policy types and prices vary.
- Credit Life and Disability Insurance: Protect your estate. The credit union offers Credit Life and Disability Insurance for most of our loan products. Credit Life will pay your loan in full should you die before the loan is paid off. Disability Insurance will cover your monthly loan payment (up to $600.00) should you become disabled. Coverage starts after the first 30 days of your verified disability and will continue until you return to work. This insurance is optional and the cost of the premium is added to your loan payment. You must choose the coverage at the time your loan is disbursed.
- Main Street/Legacy Checks Orders: This is a new vendor. First time reorders will need to contact the credit union office. Reorder your checks online. For your security, members who need to submit address changes still need to mail or fax in their requests to our office.